You are reading the article How To Fix Games Not Working In Windows 11 updated in October 2023 on the website Benhvienthammyvienaau.com. We hope that the information we have shared is helpful to you. If you find the content interesting and meaningful, please share it with your friends and continue to follow and support us for the latest updates. Suggested November 2023 How To Fix Games Not Working In Windows 11
Windows 11 has several gaming-centric features, which makes it the best OS to play games. But, some users in the Microsoft forum reported that they aren’t able to play games on their Windows 11 PC. Some users said selective games don’t open on their Windows 11 PC.
On the other hand, some other users mentioned that whatever game they open on their PC crashes while running. If you’re going through similar pain with games on your Windows 11 PC, get rid of it by trying the fixes we’ve shared in this in-depth guide. So, without any detail, move ahead and fix the games not working issue in Windows 11.
Why Are Games Not Working on Your Windows 11 PC?
Below are some of the most prevalent causes of the games not working issue in Windows 11:
Game Is Incompatible With Windows 11
Apps Running in the Background
Missing Administrative Rights
Lack of System Resources
Incorrect Date and Time
Corrupted System Files
Restrictions by Windows Defender Firewall
Clogged Up Temporary Files
Conflicting Windows Update Service
Buggy Graphics Card Driver
Fix Games Not Working in Windows 11
Here are some possible workarounds to fix the games not working problem in Windows 11:
1. Make Sure the Game Is Compatible With Windows 11
Before implementing any fixes mentioned in this guide, we suggest you ensure that the game you’re trying to run is compatible with Windows 11. Also, ensure that your PC meets the requirements to run the game. You can check your game’s compatibility and required specs on its website.
2. Restart Your Computer
One of the quick and easiest ways to resolve the games not working issue on your Windows 11 PC is to reboot your computer. Doing so will eliminate all the temporary glitches from it and make sure that they aren’t causing this problem.
To restart your Windows 11 PC, press the Alt + F4 keys simultaneously and select the Restart option from the dropdown menu in the Shut Down Windows prompt. Once done, check the issue’s status.
3. Close Other Apps Running in the Background
It could be possible that unnecessary programs running in your computer’s background are interfering with the game’s working and causing this issue. In that case, we suggest you close all unnecessary programs on your PC and check whether the game is working fine now.
4. Run the Game as an Administrator
If you’re unable to run a specific game on your Windows 11 PC, it could be possible that it isn’t opening because of a lack of admin privileges. Thus, we suggest you open your affected game as an administrator and check if it eliminates the games not working issue. You can learn to open games with admin rights on your Windows PC by following the below steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Windows Search Box on your PC.
5. Use Compatibility Mode
It could be possible that there are some compatibility issues between the game and the system, due to which games aren’t working on your PC. Due to this, we recommend you open the game in compatibility mode. You can check the steps listed below to do the same:
2. Go to the Compatibility tab and check the Run this program in compatibility mode for: checkbox.
4. Open the game and check if it’s working properly now or still crashing again and again.
6. Free Up Some System Resources
One of the most common reasons for the ill-functioning of games in Windows 11 is insufficient system resources. So, we suggest you open Task Manager and close all the unnecessary high resources-consuming tasks. Follow the below steps to know the steps to do so:
1. Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to open the Task Manager utility on your PC.
4. Do the same with all high memory-consuming tasks and check if the game is working properly.
If you’re facing an issue with an online game on your computer, it could be possible that your PC’s date and time are incorrect. Thus, we suggest you ensure that your PC’s date and time are correct. You can follow the below-mentioned prompts to ensure the same in a few steps:
1. Launch the Settings app on your Windows 11 PC and select the Time & language option from the left.
3. Ensure the same with Set time zone automatically toggle and then check the issue’s status.
8. Perform an SFC Scan
It may be possible that your Windows 11 PC’s built-in files have got corrupted and causing this issue. Therefore, we suggest you run an SFC scan on your PC to fix all the corrupted system files by replacing them with the cached version of the same files stored on the system. You can follow the steps mentioned below to run an SFC scan on your computer:
1. Open Windows Search Box using the Windows key, and type Command Prompt in it.
2. Select the Run as administrator option from the search results to open it with admin rights.
3. Once the console is opened, copy-paste the below-listed command into it and press Enter:sfc /scannow
4. Wait for the SFC scan to complete and repair all the corrupted system files and fix the issue.
9. Allow the Game’s Executable Files Through the Firewall
So, we suggest you pass your game through the Windows Defender Firewall and check if it works. Below are the steps to allow any game or its executable files through the Firewall:
10. Delete Temporary Files
Another workaround to fix the gaming not working issue in Windows 11 is deleting the system’s temporary files. It could be possible that the temporary files of your previous game session are interrupting the new game session and making it crash or freeze again and again.
In that case, you can consider clearing your Windows PC’s temporary data and checking if it improves the situation. We’ve listed the steps to delete the temporary files below:
1. Open Settings on your Windows 11 PC and type Delete temporary files in the search box.
2. Choose the Delete temporary files option from the search results under the search box.
4. At last, wait for the temporary files to delete and resolve the issues with your game.
Another possible workaround to eliminate issues with games on your PC is to stop the Windows Update service using the Services utility. The Windows Update service is responsible for keeping the system updated. But at times, it interrupts the game and prevents it from working.
Thus, we suggest you stop the service in the Services utility on your PC and check if it fixes the issue. You can follow the below instructions to pause this particular service on your PC:
1. Open the Services utility on your Windows 11 PC using the Windows Search Box or any way.
Once done, check whether the same issue is still appearing with your game or if it’s working fine.
12. Delete DataStore & Download Folder
Some users on the internet suggested deleting the DataStore and Download folder from the PC to fix the issue, as it worked for them. So, we suggest you try the same and see if it really works. You can check the below-listed steps to delete these two folders from your PC:
1. Open the File Explorer program on your Windows 11 PC and go to your primary drive.
2. Open the ProgramData folder, search for the SoftwareDistribution folder, and open it.
Sometimes the games also don’t work properly because of buggy and glitchy graphics drivers. Considering this, we suggest you update your PC’s graphics driver and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the below-mentioned prompts to update drivers:
1. Open Settings on your Windows 11 PC and proceed to the Windows Update section of it.
3. In the Windows updates section, check if there are new graphics driver updates available to install on the PC.
14. Adjust Graphics Settings
If the game is constantly crashing or freezing on your Windows 11 PC, consider adjusting the graphics settings, as it could be possible that the game’s graphics are set high, so the system cannot handle it. So try lowering the game’s graphics to see if it works.
15. Repair the Game
One of Microsoft’s Independent Advisors in the Microsoft community said that repairing the affected game can fix the issue. Thus, you can try the same to resolve the problems with your game on your Windows 11 PC.
You need to use Windows 11’s built-in Repair option to do so. So follow the below-mentioned prompts to repair your non-functioning game:
1. Open Settings on your Windows 11 PC and proceed to the Apps section of it from the left side.
5. Once the game is repaired, restart your Windows 11 PC and check the status of the issue.
16. Reinstall the Game
If none of the above-mentioned workarounds help you fix the issue with your game, then we suggest you reinstall it, as most of the time, it fixes the issues without putting in so much effort.
How Do I Fix Games Not Working on Windows 11?
If you’re unable to play games on your Windows 11 PC, try opening them with admin rights. If this doesn’t fix the issue, you can try playing that particular game in compatibility mode.
Does Windows 11 Still Have Issues With Games?
Some users in Microsoft’s forum have reported issues while gaming on their Windows 11 PCs. Some users say that the games don’t open on their Windows 11 PC. On the other hand, a number of other users say that games keep crashing or freezing again and again.
How Do I Enable Game Mode in Windows 11?
You can follow the below-mentioned path to turn on the Game Mode on your Windows 11 PC:
How To Downgrade Windows 11 to 10?
You can move to the below-listed path to downgrade your Windows 11 PC to Windows 10:
Is Windows 11 Still Bad for Gaming 2023?
Windows isn’t bad for gaming in 2023, as it has many gaming-specific features and functions, such as Xbox Game Bar, Game Mode, DirectX 12 Ultimate support, and many more.
Windows 11 has many gaming-centric features. But they’re of no use if you can’t play games on your PC. Like, many users said that they aren’t able to launch games on their Windows 11 PCs. On the other hand, some users said that their games keep crashing or freezing.
If you were going through a similar situation on your Windows 11 PC, we hope you’re out of it by implementing the workarounds mentioned in this in-depth fixes guide. If yes, then let us know which fix helped you fix the game not working issue on your Windows 11 computer.
You're reading How To Fix Games Not Working In Windows 11
Update the detailed information about How To Fix Games Not Working In Windows 11 on the Benhvienthammyvienaau.com website. We hope the article's content will meet your needs, and we will regularly update the information to provide you with the fastest and most accurate information. Have a great day!